Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my Gerbings liner works it is amazing in cold weather but I wish it was more trouble free. Anyone have issues with Gerbings reliability? Is Warm & Safe any better?

I've had a few issues with my Gerbings liner over the 1.5 yrs I've owned it. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? Most recently discovered my right glove was not working due to issue with wiring in liner. Fortunately Gerbings warranty covers this but does not include $30 shipping costs.

Problems so far.....
1) wire lead in cuff to power right glove has stopped working
2) clip on temp controller pouch broke off
3) power plug supplied is a little flaky, if plug is inserted all the way it does not work, plug to power gear must be pulled out a few mm to conduct electricity

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've never had problems with my Gerbing gear and have been using it for years and years.

If I remember correctly. Electrical components of Gerbings products are warranteed forever. Check with them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had trouble with Gerbing heated jacket and heated gloves I got 1.5 years ago. Both were replaced last year. I was told Gerbing was having trouble with their products that were made in China. They have moved (at least some of) that work to North Carolina to improve quality. Seems to be working. My new jacket and gloves (from North Carolina) have been working fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had trouble with Gerbing heated jacket and heated gloves I got 1.5 years ago. Both were replaced last year. I was told Gerbing was having trouble with their products that were made in China. They have moved (at least some of) that work to North Carolina to improve quality. Seems to be working. My new jacket and gloves (from North Carolina) have been working fine.
+1

·
Registered
257 Posts
lifetime warranty

that is correct, Gerbings has lifetime warranty on electrics, you pay freight to them and they pay the freight back,no time limit, but it doesn't cover wear and tear.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a jacket from 2008 and it's been problem free. I needed a larger size and just purchased another one. Added heated glove, but only used the jacket so far.
For me, only Gerbing will do. Lifetime warranty and great reliability makes it a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sent a jacket back once for an electrical connection problem .Customer service was good .But now there is a problem with the zipper that I will have to take and get fixed . (not really a big deal )I have been using the tour master heated gloves for a couple years that been problem free.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had a problem with my jacket were the connection to the gloves stopped working. At the same time, my gloves had a very small tear in the seem. It was summer so I sent the both to Gerbing for repairs. They fixed the jacket and, surprisingly, replaced the gloves. Got them back- they work just fine.

Shipping was not that much as i recall. But I was happy they stood behind their products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts