Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had lots of hobbies and interests over the years. never have i been involved with as generous, friendly and fun a group as motorcyclists.

in the short time i've been riding the streets i've learned that, although riding is incredible, the people are even moreso.

case and point. i posted up about my first intentional ride in driving rain. i was fully prepared with the exception of waterproof boots. i hadn't bought riding boots yet and was wearing some bates combat boots. i fully knew what i was getting myself into.

a day or so later i get a PM from a member who i'll assume wants to remain anonymous. he asked me what size i wear and it turns out he has a pair of alpinestars waterproof riding boots that he offered up to me FOR THE PRICE OF SHIPPING... wow.

i got them last night and wore them into work this morning. they hardly have a scratch on them.. i'm floored.

not only are my local motorcyclists becoming great friends, but anonymous people who share an interest on the internet have the same attitude.

can't wait until i can return the favor someday. i'll be looking for the opportunity!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great story indulf. Once again, my faith in human ability to be generous and kind is strengthened :thumb::grinangel:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well done!:thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is indeed a very good group of folks on this forum. From my experience, most of these forums tend to degrade over time, discussing a bunch of controversial stuff (politics, guns, religion) leading to stupid debates and general animosity. This group has shown the maturity to stay away from all that and concentrate on more productive matters. I applaud you all!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
This is indeed a very good group of folks on this forum. From my experience, most of these forums tend to degrade over time, discussing a bunch of controversial stuff (politics, guns, religion) leading to stupid debates and general animosity. This group has shown the maturity to stay away from all that and concentrate on more productive matters. I applaud you all!
Sometimes there is hint of controversial stuff at times and a few minor train wrecks but all in all a good friendly place but a bit of controversity keeps us from getting bored :guilty:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think this is a great forum. I've been a member of quite a few forums and this, by far, is the best one yet. The people her seem genuine and fairly focused, yet still let their personalities shine through. There are no cliques here, and no feelings of one-upmanship.

Hopefully this group of people will still be here when I get back, as I'd like to be able to get around and meet you.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that not everyone agrees all the time. That, like one said, keeps this place alive. I feel that I learn from adversity, as long as it's civil.

So, in conclusion, well done everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That shows how much class the people here on this forum have. To the versys rider/forum members :cheers:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes a great group for sure. I have a lot of things to pay forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts