Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got another Versys. On my prior Versys, I had the Baldwin Tall seat with gel pad. Since the cost of this isn't that far away from a Russel Day Long, and since I have an Air Hawk and Alaska Sheepskin, should I

1> Get the Baldwin With the Gel Pad
2> Get the Baldwin w/o it
3> Get a Russel Day Long

Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I've had a Corbin, Russell Day Long and a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat W/Gel Insert.Bought the Baldwin first and wanted to try the others to see if there was something better. Well i've sold the Corbin and The Russell Day Long and have quit looking for anything better.Haven't been on a Baldwin without the Gel insert so don't know the dirrerence in the ride. But if it was me i'd go back with what i had before.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I've had a Corbin, Russell Day Long and a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat W/Gel Insert.Bought the Baldwin first and wanted to try the others to see if there was something better. Well i've sold the Corbin and The Russell Day Long and have quit looking for anything better.Haven't been on a Baldwin without the Gel insert so don't know the dirrerence in the ride. But if it was me i'd go back with what i had before.
Interesting comments. I've been very pleased with the Corbin saddle that was on the bike when I bought it. It seems to suit my backside. If the Baldwin is that much better, I'd probably fall asleep "at the wheel." :eek:

It seems almost impossible to provide flawless advice because each and every backside is different. Well, most of them have two cheeks at least, but padding - and how it's distributed - seems to make a big difference when it comes to that elusive thing called comfort. The other unfortunate bit is that it can become expensive trying to find the "best" saddle. :eek: again.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
The Corbin you sit in the seat The Baldwin & Russell you sit on the seat. I liked the Corbin but the build quality is nowhere close to the other two.

·
Registered
367 Posts
After several seats (except a Baldwin) I've settled on a Corbin and have a sheepskin gelpad that I use on 400+ mile days. I put it on and take it off as needed during the trip.
Dan

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wonder why the 1" taller Baldwin Gel seat is about $125 more.

I can't imagine that an inch of foam and covering and labor is more than a fraction of the difference.

I wonder if I need the tall. I have a 34" inseam and 1" lower pegs and an airhawk pad.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally decided to get the Baldwin Tall gel seat again. I was going to cheap out and skip the gel since I had an Airhawk, but selling an extra Kaw Low Gel seat gave me the motivation to get what worked so well before during a 1000-mile day on my prior versys.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts