Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Kawasaki gear indicator on my 2015 1000LT. I went with the factory indicator for ease of install and OEM look. The install went great but the reading doesnt match the gear that I’m in. Has anyone else had this problem, or did I get a faulty indicator.

1st gear reads 1
2nd gear reads 2
3rd gear flickers between 3 & 4
4th gear reads 5
5th gear reads 5
6th gear reads 6.

Gearing down reads the same as gearing up.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Did you change out your sprockets are is it still stock gearing??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s stock geared. If the gearing were changed, wouldn’t it be off, at either the lowest or highest, and not in the middle?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
It’s stock geared. If the gearing were changed, wouldn’t it be off, at either the lowest or highest, and not in the middle?

I've seen where people were having issues if they changed to larger or smaller sprockets. One of the main reasons i haven't switched to a 16T front sprocket and besides the V-1000 gearing feels good to me unlike my 09 V-650. If you got the gear indicator from the dealer i would give them a call. I've had no issues with mine on my 2016 V-1000

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its a Plug and Play unit , just unplug it and Plug it again and see what it reads.
That‘s easier said, than done.:) But, I guess I can always practice, to improve my time, getting the cowling off. I know that some indicators have to go through a programming sequence, when installing, but nothing was mentioned in the instructions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just changed my front 2015 650 Front to a 16T and dropped the back to a 45T.
I have an aftermarket gear indicator from Amazon - It detects the correct gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts