Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went and picked up the items i ordered a few weeks ago from the dealer. Will install this afternoon.

P1010510 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it apart. Pretty straight forward. Looks to be a success only had 2 push pins left over. I'll post a photo of the finished product after lunch....

P1010512 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
give us a report on the gear indicator. I need one.

Really happy with the gear indicator. A slight lag but very slight. About the same as my FJR was and the GlPro indicator i had on the 09 V......

·
Registered
756 Posts
That looks real good, but I was thinking the 1000 had an outlet from the factory for some reason. I may look into the GIpro, you seem to have liked it?

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks real good, but I was thinking the 1000 had an outlet from the factory for some reason. I may look into the GIpro, you seem to have liked it?

Yep i did like it a lot. But the dealer had given me a $100.00 worth of gift cards so i just bought the OEM. Some one did a video installing an OEM 12V outlet like the one i purchased and some one posted on the video that the Versys and Vulcan used the same part or were comparable and the Vulcan outlet was about 50 bucks cheaper. Sucks i found out 2 days after i ordered mine.:frown2::frown2:

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The install on a V-650 is less hassle. You don't have to take the front of the bike apart to install. But the 650 does require an accessory relay to be installed that the 1000 doesn't....

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone wanting to add an OEM 12V Outlet. You can save money and use the OEM 12V Outlet for the Vulcan 50 bucks cheaper.....https://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories/Item/EN650AGFL/999940541 The DC Socket has the same part # as the Versys.....https://www.kawasaki.com/Content/Uploads/Accessories/999940541/ii_999940541.pdf
Thanks for saving me $50..Worked great

I pulled the instrument cluster out, less than 30-minutes to install the 12v outlet and gear indicator.

Thank again for the great write ups and links :smile2:

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for saving me $50..Worked great

I pulled the instrument cluster out, less than 30-minutes to install the 12v outlet and gear indicator.

Thank again for the great write ups and links :smile2:

Good Deal,

Didn't think about just taking out the instrument cluster...Oh well it was good practice for taking the fairings off for other projects :smile2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The outlet comes with more parts for less money, go figure?

Took longer to figure out how to remove the windshield knobs than to do the outlet (old age I guess)..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts