Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

Premium Member
The perfect mixture is "Follow the mixture ratio to the letter. 1 oz per 5 US gallons of gas."

That is 1 oz per 22.7304 liters (0.924 oz for 21 liters)... As you refill a nearly empty tank by adding 15 liters of gasoline, you'll need 2/3 oz of TC-W3 to maintain the proper mixture.
Oops need to divide by 5. So fixated on the US gallon to liter ratio I forgot the 5 gallon. Well if you happen to follow a green Versys near Owen Sound that looks like a 2 stroke exhaust--- just me

Registered
Well Wiz, your exhaust won't be rusting. ;)

I've been running the recommended ratio and there's no smoke or odour.
I haven't really noticed any difference after a few tanks but I've not tracked mileage either. I put 30 ml of the oil in an empty 23-litre gas can and then pump 19.2 litres of gas into the can. I keep a couple of gas cans in my garage and add to the V as needed. As most of my rides are less than 2 hours I only add about a half tank into the V. It handles better at low speeds that way.

Super Moderator
That's all cool, but I believe the way the brake pad contacted the disc
is not a symptom of a bent frame....That of course does not mean that your frame was not bent in the prang - it just means that there was a pad disc alignment issue... and the bloke at the bike shop was mistaken... condition normal lol.
Anyway - I got money for the GREEN HORNET that allowed me to replace it w/ the GREEN HORNET TOO...!

(y)(y)

:)

Registered
The perfect mixture is "Follow the mixture ratio to the letter. 1 oz per 5 US gallons of gas."

That is 1 oz per 22.7304 liters (0.924 oz for 21 liters)... As you refill a nearly empty tank by adding 15 liters of gasoline, you'll need 2/3 oz of TC-W3 to maintain the proper mixture.
Is that a US ounce or imperial ounce?

81 - 86 of 86 Posts