Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hardly if ever complain about my V but I have one gripe that I have forgot to mention until a recent visit to the gas station this past weekend. My gas cap, or I should say the key and lock part have always given me a little trouble when closing it. Opening it is never a problem and it is not a lube things. This last time though I could not close the stupid thing to save my life. It was embarrassing, eventually needing to get off my bike and push it away from the pumps to "tinker" with it for a few minutes. I almost got pissed enough to brake the key off inside trying to get it to lock shut. I finally ended up pushing down on the cap very hard and it finally lined up and was able to lock it shut. Any one else experience issues with your gas cap and key mechanism?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well I hardly if ever complain about my V but I have one gripe that I have forgot to mention until a recent visit to the gas station this past weekend. My gas cap, or I should say the key and lock part have always given me a little trouble when closing it. Opening it is never a problem and it is not a lube things. This last time though I could not close the stupid thing to save my life. It was embarrassing, eventually needing to get off my bike and push it away from the pumps to "tinker" with it for a few minutes. I almost got pissed enough to brake the key off inside trying to get it to lock shut. I finally ended up pushing down on the cap very hard and it finally lined up and was able to lock it shut. Any one else experience issues with your gas cap and key mechanism?
Press the end of the cap to open and close it, o/w you'll break a key. And put high tech lube in locks every now and then when they get hard, even if pressing to relieve lock pressure.

·
Super Moderator
1,479 Posts
When closing the cap turn the key first to close the tabs, then press the front of the gas cap down and release the key. If you need to, press a bit harder till the tabs click out and lock the cap.

When opening the cap I always press down on the front to take some weight off the tabs so I can turn the key easy.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts