Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I used to have a 2009 Versys with a Garmin Zumo 550 mounted with the Speedy mounting plate and loved the GPS in the middle under the windscreen. I just bought a 2012 Versys and a Garmin Zumo 220 and I'm wondering if there is a better way to mount it other than the included handlebar kit. I've never seen it but the thought is not appealing. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
...Garmin Zumo 220 and I'm wondering if there is a better way to mount it other than the included handlebar kit....
Looks like this:

http://www.tontodonato.com/images/Versys/Aprilia_640.jpg

The nice part is it is close to your left hand for data entry.

You might want to work out your bluetooth headset stuff before mounting it. I could not connect my Cardo G4 headset to both that and my phone, so I sold the Zumo 220.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I prefer it on the left side handlebar w/the RAM mount supplied. Because of the Hippo Hands hand covers I use in the colder months, I move it to behind the windshield on one of Speedys mounts. When its on the handle bar it's close to your vision, easier to interface with, and I get less glare. It looks tidier behind the screen, but not as user friendly. I reccomend putting it on the bars for awhile and see how it works for you, before spending any additional money. If in due time you feel the need to relocate it, so be it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I really prefer it under the windscreen, unfortunately the speedy plate doesn't work with the new Versys' as they mount their screens differently. Sooooo I need another non-handlebar solution. I really don't interface much, I like the GPS mostly for tracking my routes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts