Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with Fulmer motorcycle jackets?

I tried one out today, and it felt pretty comfortable. It was reflective, waterproof, had the spine, shoulder, and elbow armor with a zip out lining for around $120 bux.

Any reviews would be appreciated.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have a Fulmer three season riding jacket. Mine was around $120 as well. I like the jacket and it has performed well so far. I was a little concerned about plastic zippers but they are big and thick and I've had no problems so far. The rest of the jacket is constructed well. I'm sure when it does finally die it will be the result of a zipper.

I've been riding in 100+ heat with it for a few weeks and the zipper airflow vents in front and back work great.

I thought I remembered that my tags said "waterproof" as well, but I can assure you mine wasn't. After riding home in a downpour I was soaked to the bone. Yes I had left the vents open, but water had even soaked through the sleeves.

Still a great jacket though and it looks great. I like how it isn't obvious that it is a "riding" jacket so it looks fine on or off the bike. For some reason that is important to my wife.

·
Registered
688 Posts
And just to stand up for the Fulmer jacket from my previous comment.

It is in fact waterproof, with the liner in it. But I don't see myself using the liner in temperatures over 80 degrees.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
...It is in fact waterproof, with the liner in it. But I don't see myself using the liner in temperatures over 80 degrees.
This p*sses me off - a jacket is advertised as "waterproof, with the liner in it" and you're on a multi-day ride. In the rain YOU stay dry, but your jacket is soaked, and IF you're tenting - how are you going to dry it out for 'tomorrow'?
:censored:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Oh.. I completely agree my friend. I now know what to look for in the descriptions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts