Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What offerings are there for a whole exhaust, end to end from muffler to headers? What a system with larger diameter headers and the whole pipe. I know most of the power comes from the header upgrade in diameter. Been looking around but sites say full exhaust like arrow for 650 I think. But I don't know if "full exhaust" includes headers on back to the muffler. Any suggestions greatly appreciated I can link the site that claims its a full exhaust

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
91 Posts
You won't get much of any power gains from an exhaust, just more noise. Kawasaki engineers squeezed pretty much all the power this engine has. If anything, a more free-flowing exhaust can actually decrease your low-end torque and decrease the rideability.

People with aftermarket exhausts may chime in, but the best way to find parts are just to start looking online. TwistedThrottle and SW Motech have a lot of aftermarket offerings for this bike, I'm sure there are exhausts as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coming from a full Arrow exhaust (previous owner install) back to stock and there is almost no difference in terms of power (butt dyno) but a big difference in characteristics of the engine braking. I think its the cross link on the header pipe of the stock exhaust that makes the engine braking so much smoother and less on/off feeling compared to the aftermarket exhaust.

The only good I really missed from the aftermarket exhaust is the weight difference as I think the stock is 3x the weight of the Arrow full exhaust (don't quote me on this).

If you really want to go aftermarket exhaust for the weight and noise be prepared to do ECU mods (flashing or booster plug method) to fix the engine braking becoming more intense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts