Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the Arrow full system, and really enjoy it. It changes the character of the bike some, and moves the power further up the RPM range. I did notice a decrease in midrange punch from 3000-5000 rpm, but then a huge power hit. A PCIII gave me back that midrange and more. The Arrow, and I presume the LV really smoothed out the whole bike. It pulls harder from down low now with fewer vibes, and continues pulling hard past 8000RPM. Effectively, I found the exhaust upgrade and the PCIII have widened the power band. I have excellent response from 3000-8000RPM. I will even bog the motor in lower gears down as low as 1600 RPM, and it pulls smoothly and strong from there.

I would say that the V is a very nice machine as is, and doesn't "need" an exhaust, but if you have the spare cash and want to have some fun... an exhaust is a nice addition. You don't need a PCIII, but it really makes a huge difference. Leo Vince is a nice piece of kit.

·
Registered
624 Posts
"nice piece of kit." Snicker, Snicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello red herring
where did you get the arrow system from and does any body out there know where i can get a full belly pan from

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Arrow full system, and really enjoy it. It changes the character of the bike some, and moves the power further up the RPM range. I did notice a decrease in midrange punch from 3000-5000 rpm, but then a huge power hit. A PCIII gave me back that midrange and more. The Arrow, and I presume the LV really smoothed out the whole bike. It pulls harder from down low now with fewer vibes, and continues pulling hard past 8000RPM. Effectively, I found the exhaust upgrade and the PCIII have widened the power band. I have excellent response from 3000-8000RPM. I will even bog the motor in lower gears down as low as 1600 RPM, and it pulls smoothly and strong from there.

I would say that the V is a very nice machine as is, and doesn't "need" an exhaust, but if you have the spare cash and want to have some fun... an exhaust is a nice addition. You don't need a PCIII, but it really makes a huge difference. Leo Vince is a nice piece of kit.
How does the PC-III affect the MPG?

My V also installed with full Arrow exhaust. I agree to your comment that the V is very smooth now. Vibration has been reduced to minimum level.

·
Registered
779 Posts
How does the PC-III affect the MPG?

My V also installed with full Arrow exhaust. I agree to your comment that the V is very smooth now. Vibration has been reduced to minimum level.
Hard to say. I have yet to run down a tank and fill it up. I keep putting in $5. $10. But I don't think it has changed very much at all, might have even gotten slightly better. I find with the DB killer out of the can, I tend to use less throttle because it pulls so much harder. We'll see in a few weeks where I am at, but I won't be surprised if I find my average mileage has gone up slightly.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Arrow header and Two Brothers muffler does the trick for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts