Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

What are your experiences with the fuel gauge on the V1K?

My experience is that it stays on full for almost 100km and then drops fast to 1 or 2 bars over 100km.

How much fuel is left in your bike when it starts blinking? The manual says 3.9 liters.

Kurk...

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Yep with mine starting with a full tank it take over 100 miles before i lose 1 bar. Once it starts blinking about a gallon. If it starts blinking i just go to the settings and scroll to the range mode to let me know how many miles i should be able to go. Haven't run out yet...

·
Registered
282 Posts
The gauge is not accurate, it's been discussed in a lot of articles. I use the trip and fill up between 180-200 miles. There is usually still about 1.5 to 2 gallons left. The bike is such a great ride, the positives far out weigh the negatives.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The gauge is not accurate, it's been discussed in a lot of articles. I use the trip and fill up between 180-200 miles. There is usually still about 1.5 to 2 gallons left. The bike is such a great ride, the positives far out weigh the negatives.

I agree.............bike gauges are a real guestimate device. On my 650 I watch the trip meter. Around 200 miles the flashing light comes on and I have 1 1/2 gallons remaining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts