Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. Just bought my self a 08 versys 650. Have noticed these few days that when i start the bike the fuel gauge reads this(first pic) when i ride the bike and it gets warm after some minutes it read this (second pic) If my calculation is correct it should have half a tank with fuel. Sooooo, whats Going on? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
You're probably starting the bike leaned over on the stand. What ever the case it is normal, all bikes do this. I think it may also average readings to eliminate the effect of slosh in the tank. The second reading with the bike upright and running for +1 min. is the correct one. It should blink when you hit reserve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Okei, i see! I always started my zzr1400 on the sidestand aswell but did not noticed this on that one. Thanks for the quick answare!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Pretty common and the gauge is not terribly accurate, its just more of a reference.

Basically when the bike is parked on the side stand its leaning left; the fuel float is located on the right side of the tank, so when you stand the bike upright the fuel levels, the float raises and the fuel gauge registers more fuel in the tank.

This however can take a couple minutes to adjust completely.

Pretty sure this is what you are seeing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts