Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone fitted some kind of fuel controller? I ordered Booster Plug, which is supposed to enrich the fuel by 6%, deceiving the ECU's reading of the ambient temperature. I used it on my other bikes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll be interested in your assessment once installed. I've used the Booster on 2 other bikes and thought it improved that hard-to-describe 'drivability'.

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far, I fitted booster plug on versys 1000 and vulcan s. today or tomorrow, it arrives here, so I will let you know guys if the improvement is noticeable. ps. I also removed O2 sensor from versys x.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 08 V650 US model (no O2 sensor) I installed a booster plug the throttle response is definitely improved can even start off in 2nd gear for those times I don't get into 1st though the MPG drastically decreased from 48-52mph to 36-42.7 best I could do doing the same commute sticking to the speed limits most of the time. I think the top end has suffered a bit as well but that is less reliable to check regularly before I hit 129mph sure it was closer to 122 with the speedo error after 124mph on the same stretch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I did finally fit the booster plug to Versys X, and I feel there is definitely more power. However, even though I did not take it to the highway yet, from my initial trials, I don't think the bike's top speed will increase; there is only that much this little engine can do. As to the fuel consumption, I will need to check it in time. Incidentally, in my Vulcan S, I did not notice an increase in fuel consumption with the same plug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for posting about. Please let us know how your highway rides go.
I'm personally not interested in reaching a higher top speed. I really don't have a need to go more than 80 at any given time anyway (I'm usually going 65-75). I'm more interested in fuel consumption and how it performs on the low end of things.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting about. Please let us know how your highway rides go.
I'm personally not interested in reaching a higher top speed. I really don't have a need to go more than 80 at any given time anyway (I'm usually going 65-75). I'm more interested in fuel consumption and how it performs on the low end of things.
based on daily commuting, fuel consumption seems to be the same as before. the power has definitely increased, I do hope that the bike will run cooler. I was surprised how much heat that little engine generates at high speed. I feel it on my legs much more than versys 1000.

·
Registered
45 Posts
based on daily commuting, fuel consumption seems to be the same as before. the power has definitely increased, I do hope that the bike will run cooler. I was surprised how much heat that little engine generates at high speed. I feel it on my legs much more than versys 1000.
Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you have to completely remove the tank to install the booster plug? Or were you able to just lift it enough to get a hand to the sensor?

·
Registered
45 Posts
So, I did finally fit the booster plug to Versys X, and I feel there is definitely more power. However, even though I did not take it to the highway yet, from my initial trials, I don't think the bike's top speed will increase; there is only that much this little engine can do. As to the fuel consumption, I will need to check it in time. Incidentally, in my Vulcan S, I did not notice an increase in fuel consumption with the same plug.
Kris,
Any evaluation of the booster plug on a highway run?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry, I forget you had this response.

Where did you end up putting the sensor? I purchased a booster plug, but that cable only reaches so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, I forget you had this response.

Where did you end up putting the sensor? I purchased a booster plug, but that cable only reaches so far. Thanks.
you cable tie the metal part in the front, protruding from the end of the right side of the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts