Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel electrical clip next to the fuel pump on my 2008 will not come undone. Is there a trick to remove this for tank removal?

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
The fuel electrical clip next to the fuel pump on my 2008 will not come undone. Is there a trick to remove this for tank removal?
Yes. Try sliding a small (jewellers?) screwdriver into the end to depress the catch - in the part that looks like an "H", at the open end near the frame - TOP of the white connector. (I have an '08, but it's 1,700 miles S of me right now.)

However I do it(?), it's always been easy for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, fasteddie. I'll try a jewelers screwdriver next time. I ended up rotating the fuel tank 180 degrees clockwise, resting it the seat used to be and securing with bungee net.

I was doing an air filter clean, throttle body synch, (plus the bridge mod) and checking on my plugs since installing a BMC filter 3K miles ago. Unfortunately, the bike seems to be running much leaner than stock with the BMC filter. I'm going to switch back to the stock until I get a Juice Box or figure out a work around to richen up the mixture.

Noted that the gap on the pictured plug was slightly larger than spec though, so that may have contributed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi...i am a new user here. Even i faced the same issue. So as per my knowledge you should try sliding a small screwdriver into the end to depress the catch at the open end near the frame - TOP of the white connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts