Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through a previous post about this subject but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Anyone know if an aftermarket (stiffer) spring kit will improve the front end stability when hitting bumps on a turn? I seem to get a "floppy" feeling in the front end when hit a bump on a turn. Tire pressure is correct and the dampner is set at the the stock setting.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The V's front fork is noted for not getting out of its own way very well in high deflection speed large displacement situations. "Skipping-out" (floppy) is the result. This is due to oil weight and oil-flow through the orifices in the valving of the fork.

I, this past season, did fork-seals and purchased both 5W and 10W fork oil. (Stock is 10W) Mixing the 2 weights 1/2 and 1/2 produces an approximate 7.5W. This has very much lessened "skip-out". I've not as yet taken the time to re-tweak the fork's sag and damping.

If there's a proper suspension shop in your area... they can do bench-testing at different settings, oil-levels, and oil weights to sort issues like "skipping-out".

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I'll check the sag and do the fork oil change. I actually did just that on my Sportster a few years back and was happy with the results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts