Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a 2020 650 and am wondering about going up 1 tooth on the front sprocket. Anyone know what is standard size and has anyone already tried this. I want it to be a little less buzzy in the lower gears and longer between gear changes etc. I did this to my er6f and it was much better in my opinion. It did mess up the speedo though as sensor was on the sprocket drive shaft. Any ideas please

·
Registered
542 Posts
Going up to a 16 tooth is great in my opinion and will do what you are looking for. It also makes the speedo dead on!
Get it on Amazon- JT Sprockets JTF565.16RB 16 Tooth Rubber Cushioned Front Countershaft Sprocket

·
Registered
71 Posts
Also agree. Great mod. About 500rpm or so. Speedo accuracy is a nice bonus. That nut is a beast. Make sure you flatten out the locking washer completely.
Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going up to a 16 tooth is great in my opinion and will do what you are looking for. It also makes the speedo dead on!
Get it on Amazon- JT Sprockets JTF565.16RB 16 Tooth Rubber Cushioned Front Countershaft Sprocket
Cheers Bob. That confirms what I hoped for :)n
Also agree. Great mod. About 500rpm or so. Speedo accuracy is a nice bonus. That nut is a beast. Make sure you flatten out the locking washer completely.
Cheers!
Cheers Kev
Hi again Bob
Is JT sprocket you mention correct for the 2020 as I couldn't seem to find it on the website. Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cheers Bob. That confirms what I hoped for :)n

Cheers Kev

Hi again Bob
Is JT sprocket you mention correct for the 2020 as I couldn't seem to find it on the website. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Just FYI - the LARGEST front sprocket the V650 can use is 16T.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Instead of going up one tooth in the front, I went down 2 teeth on the rear. I liked it for the Interstate, but not really for everything else. I do ride dirt and gravel roads and I like the stock gearing better. I switched back to stock after a couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Instead of going up one tooth in the front, I went down 2 teeth on the rear. I liked it for the Interstate, but not really for everything else. I do ride dirt and gravel roads and I like the stock gearing better. I switched back to stock after a couple thousand miles.
Thanks for your comments and thoughts James

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
In OVER 183,800 MILES on three V650s, including some rather "iffy" roads, I've not ever considered changing the gearing from the stock 15/46.

:cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think this thread is in the wrong location. I clicked on it being in the Industry News section thinking there must be some new revolutionary sprocket out there. Its turns out to be just another how many teeth sprocket thread LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think this thread is in the wrong location. I clicked on it being in the Industry News section thinking there must be some new revolutionary sprocket out there. Its turns out to be just another how many teeth sprocket thread LOL.
Sorry I'm new to the forum :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts