Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
93 wet is pretty much 122 dry (the usual 30%).
I don't consider that an error.

Funny note, years ago, I ran with a loose nut for I can't even guess how long, on the ninja (up to 30k I guess).
The folded washer held it, the space was not increasing, the sprocket was not wobling.

I'll admit, for a couple chains I no longer do what I say. I put it back on with the impact wrench but I stop at the first knocks, chain loose and free wheel.. That's my torque value now... It's plenty, not abusive, and no lubrication. Given that my little impact wrench may give 300 Nm max, I'm not too worried to exceed 165Nm too much if at all.

(still no comment on the poem at post #10? Ok, I get it...)

·
Registered
985 Posts
OF COURSE (tongue-in-cheek) you could follow the factory setting by using a 3/4" drive 3 foot long 'breaker-bar', then stand on it and JUMP, IF you're less than 225 pounds.... ;)
Mmm.. ~700 ft.lb, trying to extrude the cush drive pads or bend the sprocket teeths, are you? LOL.
Wonder which would fail first... sound like a good video for those asshole millionaires destroying brand new things with hydraulic presses...
Probably the splines (on the counter shaft or front sprocket).

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
93 wet is pretty much 122 dry (the usual 30%).
I 'go w/' the "wet" or "lubed" figures simply because THAT is way easier than trying to get the male and female threaded parts TOTALLY oil-free...!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts