Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have the T-Rex triple tree stand. It has a little probe which sticks up into the underside of the triple tree and lifts the front end off the ground. With this style of stand you can work on the forks because there is no weight on them. A standard front stand will lift under the forks. It takes the wheel off the ground but the weight is still on the forks, so you can't do fork maintenance.

I've got front and rear stands from T-Rex. Their workmanship is good, not amazing, better than the cheapo brands. The stands are very sturdy and work great. Their triple-tree front stand comes with the correct pin to fit your bike, plus the parts to use it as either the standard style front stand or as a triple tree stand.

T-Rex-Racing.com is their website.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the same front style as Fly-Sig, but mine is "Black Widow" brand ($89.00). Pretty solid, easy to use. The pin (big round slug of steel) that fits into the triple tree is larger than the ones that came with the stand. I had to buy a 21mm pin separately.

Oh and "Princess Auto", really? Is the stand pink?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the T-Rex triple tree stand. It has a little probe which sticks up into the underside of the triple tree and lifts the front end off the ground. With this style of stand you can work on the forks because there is no weight on them. A standard front stand will lift under the forks. It takes the wheel off the ground but the weight is still on the forks, so you can't do fork maintenance.

I've got front and rear stands from T-Rex. Their workmanship is good, not amazing, better than the cheapo brands. The stands are very sturdy and work great. Their triple-tree front stand comes with the correct pin to fit your bike, plus the parts to use it as either the standard style front stand or as a triple tree stand.

T-Rex-Racing.com is their website.
+1 for T-Rex-Racing. I have them too.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
A triple tree stand is more of a hassle to raise the bike on but can be used to work on the suspension since it lifts from the triple tree. Many triple tree stands will not work with the Versys or require an adapter due to the unusual height of the bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same front style as Fly-Sig, but mine is "Black Widow" brand ($89.00). Pretty solid, easy to use. The pin (big round slug of steel) that fits into the triple tree is larger than the ones that came with the stand. I had to buy a 21mm pin separately.

Oh and "Princess Auto", really? Is the stand pink?
The original store was located on Princess Street, hence the name. Awesome stores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts