Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you have changed out either the front or rear sprockets and noted comments from previous threads. After having felt it both ways and maybe going back to OEM specs, any new reflections. I'd love not to have to be shifting while turning in every intersection and don't think loosing a little oomph on the top end means that much. In fact, the lower revs on the highway would be welcome. Comments please.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
After three years of stock, put on the 44t. Oh so nice!

Read many reviews. Do alot of trails so lower gears are good. But so far love the 44t. :thumb:

Its the smallest change and the best! IMO! :goodluck:

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
After three years of stock, put on the 44t. Oh so nice!

Read many reviews. Do alot of trails so lower gears are good. But so far love the 44t. :thumb:

Its the smallest change and the best! IMO! :goodluck:
Stock gearing on both my Vs (49,500 miles in AZ, and 40,000 kms in BC).

MANY of those on dirt roads.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Went with a 16T front. Better on the highway and unless you are doing less than 5 mph on dirt roads you won't notice a difference.

·
Registered
286 Posts
45t with pirelli mt60's was just right -- went to a taller tire Dunlop q3 and 46t --still just right-----------c.s. is stock as well

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
Had a 16T Front put on at the 600 mile service its still on the bike at just below 22,000 miles with the original chain and rear sprocket. Happy ,Happy, Happy...:yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rear 44t is perfect in my opinion. I did about 10K on a 46t then switched to a 44t and wow what a difference. I don't really feel a loss of acceleration, still pulls wheelies. Main difference is it's more managable for everyday riding, smoother on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
Stock gearing on both my Vs (49,500 miles in AZ, and 40,000 kms in BC).

MANY of those on dirt roads.
BTW - my rear Tourance 150/70 is taller than stock, thus raising the ratio a bit. Mr GPS says I did 226.0 miles, while the odometer said 223.5, so effectively the same as having a one half tooth less on the rear sprocket (the odo reads 1.112% LESS than actual mileage since the Tourance install).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts