Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have determined that the rear of the 2015 650 LT I recently purchased is lowered. I am now trying to determine if the front was lowered at the same time. The fork tubes are sticking out of the top triple tree by about 2 inches or a bit more. Does the stock position have them level with the triple tree? Does anyone have any before and after pics? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
Sorry I can't find a pic specific to your question, BUT, as the owner of a Gen 1 and a Gen 3 - I can tell you that the STOCK position on BOTH is identical.

That's about half an inch (w/out going thru my SHOP MANUAL for the specific amount...) showing above the top clamp.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just lowered my rear recently and after recommendations here decided not to lower my front. Rides great so maybe you should try stock position before deciding.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Just lowered my rear recently and after recommendations here decided not to lower my front. Rides great so maybe you should try stock position before deciding.

From his post his front has already been lowered.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I measured it and it is 1 5/8" above the triple tree so that means it's lowered 1.25" on the front and what ever the rear lowering bone gets. I can just barely flat foot the bike (I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam) on level ground so it will stay the way it is.

I've never had "adjustable" forks before but after reading a test ride article I stiffened the front forks (pre-load) by two turns over OM recommendations and the front brake dive is much less.

I intend using the V for touring and occasional gravel road ventures so I'm thinking all I need to add (still) is better gravel tires. That will wait until I wear out the OEM Dunlops (I've got 2200 miles on them). I'm still considering crash bars and a skid plate but I don't think I'll really need them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From his post his front has already been lowered.
Yeh I know that but since he didn't say whether he was going to keep it that way or not, I was suggesting he try the stock position before making any final decisions. Of course that was before he said he liked it lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts