Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Since you're crowd sourcing the info I'll give a +1 to what invader said. Sometimes if I have a question like that I'll stop by the dealer and have a look at a bike on the floor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
tighten in stages

IMO since one side is clamped and the width of the forks can float till the axle pinch bolt is tight, i tighten the axle to spec, then tighten the pinch bolt just snug enough that the axle binds just a little in the clamp. I then stroke the suspension a few times to align the clamping position to the correct width and finish tightening the clamp all the way. it might be over thinking it a bit but I'd rather spend extra time on alignment, than risk wearing out the bushings in the fork and/or fork seals leaking.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
IMO since one side is clamped and the width of the forks can float till the axle pinch bolt is tight, i tighten the axle to spec, then tighten the pinch bolt just snug enough that the axle binds just a little in the clamp. I then stroke the suspension a few times to align the clamping position to the correct width and finish tightening the clamp all the way. it might be over thinking it a bit but I'd rather spend extra time on alignment, than risk wearing out the bushings in the fork and/or fork seals leaking.
:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
WTF happened to your flange (base of the fork) ?

Did you piss someone up and they took it on those flanges ?
All banged up, not at all like mine !

LOP

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
From the picture that you posted following your link, those black flange at the base of the shock that hold the axel, they are all score and look bang up

LOP
Mostly looks like dirt (salt...?) to me, Phil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts