Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. About to purchase a 650 Versys and was wanting to know about mods etc. I am after some crash bars, barkbusters, heated grips for starters! Maybe a bash plate too. Having trouble finding these in Australia. Apart from that, just sold my DRZ400E and am looking forwards to riding a 2015 Versys which I hear is an improved version of the previous models. I am mainly commuting with the (hopefully!) weekend day trip with a mate or 2.

Cheers,

Geoff

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It might take a bit of time for the aftermarket to begin making accessories for the newly redesigned 2015 Versys. OEM accessories MIGHT be all you have for a while till they catch up. It shouldn't take them too long since it seems many things didn't change much or at all, but enough IS new.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks like the new 2015 model is going to bring lots of new members

·
Super Moderator
19,606 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not much locally for the new V's even in the OEM range. I'm still waiting the Kawasaki Hand Guards and Top Box. the Panniers only come in last week.

I've fitted a Power socket from Autobarn and Oxford heated grips, both easy additions and a bargain compared to OEM Pricing.

Welcome Mate ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. Some good info here. Happy to work on the bike myself when it comes to grips and power socket. Is the socket easy to install? Does it have a plug waiting on the bike? This goes for the heated grips too. Thanks all your the info. Pity winter is coming here in Australia. Still been very hot riding with all the gear in summer!.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks all. Some good info here. Happy to work on the bike myself when it comes to grips and power socket. Is the socket easy to install? Does it have a plug waiting on the bike? This goes for the heated grips too. Thanks all your the info. Pity winter is coming here in Australia. Still been very hot riding with all the gear in summer!.
Don't want to lead you up the wrong path Geoff, Mine's the Thou ..

But .. Power socket took 10 mins ... once I found the connectors.. Required removal of the plastics. the plugs were up high above the headlight taped to the loom.

Heated grips have a connection behind the left (Clutch) side plastic. Had to modify the Oxford connection to fit the oem:D The owners manual should guide you to the connections on the sixfiddy but I wouldn't be surprised if theyre in the same places ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. When I get it (hopefully this Friday) I'll get around to taking a look. Also does anyone know where I can buy Denali type lights in Australia or similar daytime running lights? And any other suggestions on bike visibility. The bike in Oz only comes in black or black. Which I think is crazy as it comes in some great colours elsewhere. Anyhow, I have to work with that so. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also does anyone know where I can buy Denali type lights in Australia or similar daytime running lights? And any other suggestions on bike visibility.

Cheers
Jaycar have quite a range at present - and they work well!
I have "Vision-X" fitted, but the Jaycar ones are as good, and much better priced.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks the Jaycar ones do look good for $49 each. What's the best place to mount and should I try to dim or add a switch, if so where do I find a switch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got this info from the owners manual.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hello. I got a pair of these today from Jaycar. I got one of each, spot and flood. I assume you used the Fog Light wire which allows for low-beam usage at the same time? Also did you buy those posi-taps from ebay of somewhere else? Also did you use the blue posi -tap? The wires that come with the LED's are very small.

Thanks.
Geoff

1 - 20 of 37 Posts