Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member, just bought my first Versys, a new 2018 650 LT in black and red with 0 miles on the odometer. I had a Ninja Zx-6r in college, and loved every minute of it--but when it came time to sell it, I knew I wanted to upgrade to something a little more comfortable and well-rounded when I got my next bike a few years down the road. Here we are!

I'm in Oklahoma for the next few months, but then I'll be trading the straight, gravelly farm-to-market roads for Highway 1 in California. Going to be some spectacular riding!

Looking forward to sharing my trips with you guys and enjoying your accounts of your own.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Where in Cali will you be living.

I'm in Fresno, central Cal.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Welcome from SoCal.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be up in the Sacramento area with the C-17 unit around there. I'll keep an eye out for your recommended rides!

·
Registered
531 Posts
You'll have plenty of spectacular riding waiting for you in Norcal! Sacramento is kind of in the middle of it all. Literally hours away from the coast and Hwy 1, The incredible Sierra, Tahoe, Yosemite and many more curvy roads to discover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings from Sac! Travis AFB? Seeing how the Mather and McClellan have been shuttered for quite some time I'm guessing Travis.
...I should neither confirm nor deny! Hahaha. Yes, headed to Travis in the Spring. I imagine there are quite a few riders in these forums from around that area--heard nothing but wonderful things about the riding in that part of the country, and the varied scenery is right up the V's alley.

·
Registered
89 Posts
...I should neither confirm nor deny! Hahaha. Yes, headed to Travis in the Spring. I imagine there are quite a few riders in these forums from around that area--heard nothing but wonderful things about the riding in that part of the country, and the varied scenery is right up the V's alley.
You're smack dab in the middle between the Bay Area and SacTown. You should also check out BARF, very active forum, not too much my crowd but good info. We'll need to hook up and ride the Berryessa loop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts