Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Guys

When one gets a new bike, heading to a new forum usually goes along with it.

So I have been hanging around the Aprilia Forum as of late.

Gotta say It's not nearly as lively or friendly as this Versys forum.

Prior to the Versys I had a KTM 1190 Adventure. Man that forum was something else. Some HUGE ego's there and many did not have a filter when it came to voicing their divine opinion. Many times I would leave the forum bruised and bleeding.

The Aprilia forum is just the opposite. I made several posts where that had over 50 views and zero replies. Finally after offering a bribe of free oil changes for a year, I would get one or two replies.

Maybe it's the exotic brand thing at work on those forums.

Japanese Bike forum very friendly, even without offering free Sushi or Sake:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
:thumb:its people like you who make this forum a place to be. I have been with this site since 09 and its always sometime I forward too daily. Thanks bro fro you kind comment. Be safe.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Gotta agree with hawkerjet. Though I no longer have my '08 Versys I continue to hang around here because of the friendliness and information that transcends Kawasaki models.

I joined the BMW G310R forum when I bought my baby Beemer and it's reasonable but it's nowhere near as active or quite as friendly as this one. Thankfully it also isn't filled to overflowing with the excessive egos that seem commonplace on "big BMW" forums. The only other forum that comes close in activity and friendliness is Spyder Lovers. It's a goldmine of knowledge, information, and down to earth people even though there are those who refuse to accept the Can Am Spyder as a "real" motorcycle.

So, I believe I'll stick around just to see how everyone is doing, read your stories and enjoy the photos that accompany good rides.

·
Super Moderator
18,962 Posts
:thumb:its people like you who make this forum a place to be. I have been with this site since 09 and its always sometime I forward too daily. Thanks bro fro you kind comment. Be safe.
Agreed! I've been here since mid-summer 2008. :yeahsmile:

Howdy Guys

When one gets a new bike, heading to a new forum usually goes along with it.

So I have been hanging around the Aprilia Forum as of late.

Gotta say It's not nearly as lively or friendly as this Versys forum.

Prior to the Versys I had a KTM 1190 Adventure. Man that forum was something else. Some HUGE ego's there and many did not have a filter when it came to voicing their divine opinion. Many times I would leave the forum bruised and bleeding.

The Aprilia forum is just the opposite. I made several posts where that had over 50 views and zero replies. Finally after offering a bribe of free oil changes for a year, I would get one or two replies.

Maybe it's the exotic brand thing at work on those forums.

Japanese Bike forum very friendly, even without offering free Sushi or Sake:wink2:
Tim - both YOU and the next poster are great advertisements for staying on here, even after changing horses in mid-stream!

Gotta agree with hawkerjet. Though I no longer have my '08 Versys I continue to hang around here because of the friendliness and information that transcends Kawasaki models.

I joined the BMW G310R forum when I bought my baby Beemer and it's reasonable but it's nowhere near as active or quite as friendly as this one. Thankfully it also isn't filled to overflowing with the excessive egos that seem commonplace on "big BMW" forums. The only other forum that comes close in activity and friendliness is Spyder Lovers. It's a goldmine of knowledge, information, and down to earth people even though there are those who refuse to accept the Can Am Spyder as a "real" motorcycle.

So, I believe I'll stick around just to see how everyone is doing, read your stories and enjoy the photos that accompany good rides.
:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,104 Posts
Yep, When i sold my V-650 in 2014 and got the FJR i went to several FJR forums and man what a bunch of asshats. Few good guys but very few. So i stayed on the Versys forum knowing i would be getting rid of the FJR for the V-1000. Joined this forum in Jan-2010 just after picking up my 09. Lots of great guys here that helped me out a ton...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awe you guys are too nice. Thanks I appreciate the kind words.

I made lots of friends on the FZ09 forum and here too.

That's what life is all about. Bikes are cool but it's the people that make it all worthwhile.

Joe is correct, there are far too many "Asshats" out there.:wink2:

Cheers mates.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Sold my Versys in '16 when I needed a lighter bike to haul to work locations in the back of the pickup. Thought I would get a Versys 300 eventually, but that didn't pan out. My next Kawasaki will probably be a W800 when/if they bring a color I like to the states.

I'm sure there are a few that would rather I move on, but that is what the ignore feature is for.

I love ALL motorcycles and the Versys was definitely one of my favorites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts