Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for awhile, now up to "looking & thinking". Had a KLR that I put 36k miles on - but 99% road. Thinking that the versys 650 will give me a better touring bike, but capable of a trip down fire road when in NC mtns.
Am I headed in the right direction? Once I finally get on one, how much different will it feel.
Disclaimer: very subjective, I know, but I am sure there are a few opinions floating around here.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have been lurking for awhile, now up to "looking & thinking". Had a KLR that I put 36k miles on - but 99% road. Thinking that the versys 650 will give me a better touring bike, but capable of a trip down fire road when in NC mtns.
Am I headed in the right direction? Once I finally get on one, how much different will it feel.
Disclaimer: very subjective, I know, but I am sure there are a few opinions floating around here.
It WILL feel very different. I came off an 88 XR600R and the V is a night and day difference. In a GOOD way though. The added comfort and stability is quite noticeable, not to mention the power and zippyness :D of the 650 twin. The biggest adjustment for me was the riding position, mostly my foot placement with the pegs positioned where they are. I've NEVER owned a sportbike of any kind so, my feet (and knees) have never been in this angle, but I am getting used to it. I am 6' 3" with a 36" inseam so..........yeah.
You should like it a lot!! :thumb: And you CAn ride this bike on spme pretty marginal roads with confidence, as long as you equip it and yourself properly. Just search some of my (and many others)posts for inspiration. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts