Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a Sit & Fly size XL, but can't seem to get it to work with the seat on my 2020 Versys 650 LT. The seat refuses to latch in place with the cover installed. Seller refused to respond to inquiries/questions and I am now past the return date for the product, so I either try to get it to work or throw it in the garbage.

Note: the seller is not a member of the forum. It was an eBay seller based in Israel.

This is likely user error, but it's sitting on a shelf. I simply do not have the patience to get it to work. Perhaps you could get it to work with yours. Since I can't guarantee that it will work with your bike, I'm not willing to charge for it. If you are local to Ottawa, Ontario Canada and want to see if will fit your bike, send me a PM and it's yours.

Dave C

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
It might work if you somehow find a way to get the front part to be under the latch. Some stapling might work .

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
I purchased a Sit & Fly size XL, but can't seem to get it to work with the seat on my 2020 Versys 650 LT. The seat refuses to latch in place with the cover installed. Seller refused to respond to inquiries/questions and I am now past the return date for the product, so I either try to get it to work or throw it in the garbage.

Note: the seller is not a member of the forum. It was an eBay seller based in Israel.

This is likely user error, but it's sitting on a shelf. I simply do not have the patience to get it to work. Perhaps you could get it to work with yours. Since I can't guarantee that it will work with your bike, I'm not willing to charge for it. If you are local to Ottawa, Ontario Canada and want to see if will fit your bike, send me a PM and it's yours.

Dave C
View attachment 182895

View attachment 182896

View attachment 182897
I know this is For Sale. Thought I would post a similar problem and my solution. Note the orange fiberglass wedged under the lower support bracket on each side, the seat sits on that, the tab slides into the upper bracket that also supports the gas tank. Secondly , I had to sit on my seat to get it to latch, as I redid my seat. Still need to do a fist bump sometimes to latch it.

·
Registered
2009 KLR (sold), 2009 650V (sold), 2012 V1000
1,476 Posts
Hey Dave

I found out that this product is quite affordable, if the proper size ;)

But, did you get one that's the right size and if so, do you enjoy it ?

Thinking of getting one if your comment are positive

LOP

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea if it's the correct size or not. According to the ad, the size I received fits the Versys 650, but it doesn't work with mine.

If you are in the area once COVID restrictions are lifted and you want to try it out, let me know and I'll let you know if I still have it.

Dave

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is For Sale. Thought I would post a similar problem and my solution. Note the orange fiberglass wedged under the lower support bracket on each side, the seat sits on that, the tab slides into the upper bracket that also supports the gas tank. Secondly , I had to sit on my seat to get it to latch, as I redid my seat. Still need to do a fist bump sometimes to latch it.

So...the fix for the dip may help? I'll try that. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts