Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jumped on a ferry over to france to do the d-day beaches and us war memorial, the roads are tight and twisting all along northern french coastal routes

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Man I love threads like this! I wish I could've ridden with you. I get chills seeing the memorials & landmarks.
There are a couple of threads on the UK Versys forum like this.

A big thank you for sharing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sitting looking around the america cemetery make the strongest of people fill up with tears , its such a moving place so quiet, and a humbleing place to be , may we never forget what you have done for us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the pics. They bring back many memories from my visit to the D-Day invasion beaches in 1999. Perhaps one of the saddest, and yet at the same time proudest, moments of my life. I will never forget standing amid that sea of graves of those brave men who made the ultimate sacrifice for each of us. Never have so few done so much for so many. Makes you proud to be an American.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Grandfather lost his brother there.

I wasn't born for another 15 years after that day, but a bunch of my cousins carry his name.

Thanks to all who served and gave their life to save the entire world.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I remember visiting a few years ago and was deeply moved by the experience. What stands out for me is the great care taken by the French of the memorial. They really know how to say thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts