Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of any suppliers in the USA or Canada that have frame sliders that fit the versys?.......thx

·
Registered
559 Posts
I found some much cheaper on cyclepartsnation.com (about 16$ each compared to 180$ a pair on twisted throttle)...but I don't know what there worth...I've been thinking of adding some protection on my versys too..
http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/

I'd be interested to know too if anyone here has tried any of them out on their bike.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just called them but with the sliders, mounts, shipping, it's almost 200$US for a pair...I know it can save lots of damage...but still...200$ for 2 pucks...is expensive in my opinion...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just called them but with the sliders, mounts, shipping, it's almost 200$US for a pair...I know it can save lots of damage...but still...200$ for 2 pucks...is expensive in my opinion...
My thoughts are if you do get something get the best. Do not go cheap on something like this.
Woodcrafts are even more expensive.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just ordered the same kit. 108$ to have it shipped in Montreal canada. Now Ill try to find some front and rear axle sliders to install eventually...after I have tiddied up the tail...:)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Powerbronze frame sliders

My sliders came in today. Great customer service & really fast shipping from these guys!! :yeahsmile:

http://www.superbikestore.com/versys.htm

Installation was fairly easy. Seems like a good product, though I'm not sure how well they'll hold up in a slide with any kind of speed. They're made of some kind of plastic-rubber stuff. I was expecting something a little harder. I hope I never have to test them!

Here's a couple of pictures:

This is where it mounts. Its a very solid place for mounting:

How it mounts, pretty much the same for both sides, other than the number of spacers used (3 on one side, 2 on the other):

Mounted:

As you can see from a couple of the pictures above, removing the lower screw from the radiator guard on both side makes this job quite a bit easier. The mounting instructions say you may have to trim the radiator guard, but I didn't have to. They touch, but not bad.

Finished with the cool "Versys" logo installed:

View from the seat:

Interestingly, the right one seems to stick out a little further from the bike, but being on the kickstand might have skewed the measurement a bit, even though I tried to compensate for the lean:

Overall I'm happy with them. I guess there isn't much out there that'll protect the two plastic side panels that go from the tank to the head light. They kind of stick out there, mockingly, as if to say, "Go ahead, lay it down. I'm the first to go... And I'm pricey!!"

DOH!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
There aren't too many choices. I didn't really want crash bars, although I did consider them. These are priced right, so I figured I'd give 'em a shot.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The handle bars should protect the tank sides in most cases I think...but I do wonder how well these would hold in a crash...the bolt being deep inside the soft plastic sliders...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The handle bars should protect the tank sides in most cases I think...but I do wonder how well these would old in a crash...the bolt being deep inside the soft plastic sliders...

Exactly my concern. They're not soft plastic, but they're not delrin. I wish they were delrin. I went to Moto Liberty in San Antonio & looked at the Shogun sliders. They're made of delrin. Its a nice material. Definitely better than the Powerbronze, but they don't make them for the Versys. I'm thinking of taking one off the bike & going back to the store & see if I can match it up to one of the Shogun sliders. They mount the same way. Of course, it will end up being fairly expensive doing that.

Hind sight is 20/20...

·
Registered
122 Posts
quick question

Rick what type of warranty do you get there in the states, IE how long is your base warranty with a new bike.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wrote the store to ask them if I could return the sliders when I receive them but they charge a 10% restocking fee and I have to pay shipping...Ill probably use that and maybe next year buy a crash bar instead...it wasn't that much more expensive compared to the sliders and must protect twice as much being bolted in many points...

159$

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.