Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to combine the LSL frame slider with the Motowerk highway peg mount? Just wondering if they would interfere. I have the frame sliders but would also like to have highway pegs without switching over to a crash bar.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Has anyone tried to combine the LSL frame slider with the Motowerk highway peg mount? Just wondering if they would interfere. I have the frame sliders but would also like to have highway pegs without switching over to a crash bar.
Maybe these photos will help. I'm 6'2" with a 33"inseam. My highway pegs are mounted so that they stop just before the point of the crash bar that mounts to the motor.

IMG_0616 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0618 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0620 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
688 Posts
Love the handlebar mittens. I'm soooo getting a pair of those before it turns super cold.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Love the handlebar mittens. I'm soooo getting a pair of those before it turns super cold.

I like them alot. No need for heated grips and with them on i only need to use summer gloves in the winter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the photos help. It looks like the pegs could mount behind the sliders. Just not sure I will like the cluttered look. Maybe I'll look for another way to mount the pegs.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I use the LSL Sliders on my 2011 V just as they are... as pseudo highway pegs. I found them a great pleasure on my recent 5600+ mile trip. I could hook the heels of my boots on to them without too much trouble or straighten my legs out straight and rest the back of my ankles/calves on them. Not as comfortable as proper highway pegs... but I too don't like the look/clutter of bolted on highway pegs.

And Weljo - what make are your mitts... and do they go over your barkbusters?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I use the LSL Sliders on my 2011 V just as they are... as pseudo highway pegs. I found them a great pleasure on my recent 5600+ mile trip. I could hook the heels of my boots on to them without too much trouble or straighten my legs out straight and rest the back of my ankles/calves on them. Not as comfortable as proper highway pegs... but I too don't like the look/clutter of bolted on highway pegs.

And Weljo - what make are your mitts... and do they go over your barkbusters?

I have these handguards...http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/83/30514/DPITEM/Street-Bike-Handguards-Acerbis-Dual-Road-Handguards.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

They fit over them nicely.

The mitts are Quad Boss I got them here .......http://www.amazon.com/Quadboss-ATV-Hand-Mitts-BLACK/dp/B0064RJM7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344957745&sr=8-1&keywords=quad+boss+mitts

IMG_0614 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
688 Posts
Those handguards are my next purchase. Too bad you put your's on the slower Blue V. :p

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Those handguards are my next purchase. Too bad you put your's on the slower Blue V. :p

Its slower so the rest of you clowns can keep up..:teetertooter:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Can you use the mitts without the guards or will they effect levers?

Last winter i rode with them without the guards. It was extremly windy one day it was blowing hard enough that the mitts were against the brake and clutch lever. Not enough to cause any concern but for awhile i rode with my fingers stretched out against the levers just to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Nice fracks Weljo! :D :thumb: Cool mitts!

Thanks, I still got stuff i've never opened yet. Have to have it though. You know just in case.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts