Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the reply-

Yes we produce a rear shock absorber for this model of motorbike.

You must order directly to us at factory, same for repair service.

Price is 655 Euros.

Cost delivery for USA is 65 Euros.

Hight pressure hand air pump HP 0-30 cost 63 Euros.

Payement by transfert bank only.

Regards.

M. Wilquin.

www.fournales.fr

·
Registered
92 Posts
I checked them out some time ago. I hadn't heard of them prior to that, but was impressed with what I learned. All that said, approx. $1000 for half of the suspension on a bike that's worth $5k after you ride it off the lot??

I like the bike, but that formula seems out of whack to me unless the rear suspension was the ONE thing keeping it from being a great bike AND I was certain that this would be a long time keeper. YMMV

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm kind of in the same boat...that's a lot of cash...my next step is too look around for swap-outs....'03 R1?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Keep in mind, most sportbikes use a linkage where travel off the shock represents 3x travel of the wheel. Therefore, damping characteristics may differ since the Versys shock is direct acting. Most sportbike shocks have piggyback/remote reservoirs so fit may be complicated.

I'd be interested in seeing a shock dyno chart for this shock vs. a typical sportbike shock.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$100 for shock off ebay, $200 for revalve, $150 for new spring......could be doable....I wonder if a bmw K-bike shock would work...maybe I'll just wait a while and see what comes on the market...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts