Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
looks like it sticks out alot from the frame, i know my knees would be out in the wind alot more with that on, i tuck my legs in on cold days right where the rear mounts are............i have speedy hiway pegs and they protect my cases adequately in a simple flop-over with no need for more, btw

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
What do you guys think of this? Other than shipping from Malaysia.

KAWASAKI VERSYS 2015 ENGINE CRASH BAR / SLIDER_Slider_rider88.com -

This looks pretty robust and would be a great mount for light and pegs.
For me it brings up the SAME objections I raised for the H-B bars. You WILL need to remove the crash-bars to do some routine maintenance (checking coolant level, checking valves, changing air-filter).

:badidea:

AND, if you DON'T do your own routine maintenance, you WILL pay the shop to do that removal....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having pulled the bike apart, looks to me that there is plenty of clearance to remove the panels under the cage.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
Having pulled the bike apart, looks to me that there is plenty of clearance to remove the panels under the cage.
Wulff81 - I'm sure you might be right. JUST that the pic looks like they're VERY close to the plastic.... I'd like to see a pic from straight ahead.

:huh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those LEDs are mounted between the bars and fairings, so there would be enough to room to pull the panels out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, so if I get these I can park my bike like a six year old!

I'm always worried about someone running it over in a parking spot or something, or tipping in the dirt.

Knee room looks good but how close down it come to the shin?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts