Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I was goofing off in the sand dunes in Colorado last year :badidea: and took a little spill that essentially ended my summer of riding (but I was having a blast right up until the impact). My first broken bone - yay!

The bike seemed to be okay except for the handlebars getting torqued out of alignment. I just got the beast back on the road this weekend and whoa ... leaky fork seal.

I plan to do this repair by myself and it looks like there's some good advice on here about how to do it.

I have never done the forks before, but I can follow directions pretty well. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for? What hidden damage -- to the forks or other parts -- could I have caused in a low-speed (10-15 mph) dive into the sand on the clutch side of the bike?

Thanks in advance!

Cat

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
You MIGHT have forced some sand or whatever UP into the seal. Try a small piece of 35mm film and run it around between the fork-leg and the seal which might pull the dirt out. There's also a purpose-built tool similar to a piece of film.

:goodluck:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts