Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! New to the forum not to bikes or modifying. Im picking up a 12 versys that needs some attention after a wreck. One of the front tubes is bent and needs to be replaced. However, looks like these forks are about $300+ for the pair that ive seen. So looking for any info on forks that will swap while I wait for the bike to arrive.

Does anyone know of a swap that has been done, the fork diameter - heard its 52mm but that it changes from the top tree to lower tree.

Also wondering about the affect a swapping shorter forks in since I see that the versys forks are a bit longer than most sport bikes.

Also what years versys fork swap. I may just swap the tube if the upper isnt bent/damaged

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked out bike bandit and it seems the fork tubes themselves are the same part number from 2008-2012. Unless there was a year inbetween that changed, I only checked 08 and 12's number.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
FWIW - all the forks up to 2016 are the same in external dimensions, but the '15 and '16 have different (better...?) internals.

Be careful - I bought a pair off Ebay that were damaged, NOT apparent in pics or e-mails, but I got my $ back EXCEPT for mailing costs of $50....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No worries with FLeabay ive been using them for almost a decade and ive been screwed once completely. Not sure what FWIW means. Thanks for the heads up on the tubes though!

I also researched the ER6n on bandi and 09,10,and 11 also show the same part number

Found some tubes for the ER6n on ebay from hongkong. $120 + shipping for the pair.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
No worries with FLeabay ive been using them for almost a decade and ive been screwed once completely. Not sure what FWIW means. Thanks for the heads up on the tubes though!

I also researched the ER6n on bandi and 09,10,and 11 also show the same part number

Found some tubes for the ER6n on ebay from hongkong. $120 + shipping for the pair.
the Versys uses 41mm USD forks, while the ER6N uses 41mm conventional forks. why would you think that the 41mm inners would swap?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Versys uses 41mm USD forks, while the ER6N uses 41mm conventional forks. why would you think that the 41mm inners would swap?
I did not know this. Both parts are part # 44013. Ill have to do some more research but thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I bent the left tube on my bike and it was 200 bucks if I remember right...only bought the one...that and a lower triple tree and race..and front wheel..fender..etc...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chadams - yep found it on ebay for about $200. Also found a lower triple, axle, and both forks for about $300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts