Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had problem with their fork seals leaking? i'm just over 20kmi, on my second set of seals, again wit fluid triclinia downy he left fork leg. the replacement seals were installed by the dealer, it didn't take long before i saw fluid on the fork. is this just a thing with USD forks?

·
Registered
252 Posts
My right one is leaking but I have 46,000 miles on it and I take it on forest roads. Either got some crap stuck up in there or one of the hard hits bust it I reckon. Seems like your having bad luck to be having issues with 2nd set after 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
my left is leaking a tiny bit but its also at 37k miles and i think there the stock sealsnope they were replaced at 28k but my bike also has seen ALOT of gravel and dirt roads

·
Registered
601 Posts
It may also be a piece of dirt caught in there. It happened to me once. I took little section of plastic milk jug and cut a little hook shape in it and ran it along the fork seal. I pulled out a 1" long piece of dried grass. The fork seal stopped leaking...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Dirt Skins off ebay are $20 and fork seals are good forever :D

And yeah, if you were not charge a $hot load for fork seal replacement, then they probably did not clean it properly: clean room application.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine started leaking around 45K and both were completely shot at about 55K.
:cheers:

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
When I hit an incredibly steep mogul on Hwy 17 in 2013 at about 9,000 miles, I blew oil out of both forks, then the right one kept leaking. I cleaned the seals with Kodak film which fixed it then... I later got a Seal Mate which works remarkably well, and removed much fine dirt left behind. I then had to hold front brake and pump the forks as hard as I could to reset the seals properly.

http://sealmate.net/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts