Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I did. I have the same crash bars as fast eddie, I'm gonna try to get the front end off the ground and support it there.

I'm gonna try the balls seals, much cheaper than OEM.

Guess now I get to go down the rabbit hole of what oil everyone is using.

Also for the fork seal driver, 39mm-49mm or 39mm-50mm? And do I need the syringe measuring kit deal?

I'm gonna go through some other threads, just figured I'd ask real quick since I have this thread saved.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did. I have the same crash bars as fast eddie, I'm gonna try to get the front end off the ground and support it there.

I'm gonna try the balls seals, much cheaper than OEM.

Guess now I get to go down the rabbit hole of what oil everyone is using.

Also for the fork seal driver, 39mm-49mm or 39mm-50mm? And do I need the syringe measuring kit deal?

I'm gonna go through some other threads, just figured I'd ask real quick since I have this thread saved.
If you use the method of lifting in my video loosen the caliper bolts and the axle so they are just
friction tight before lifting the front so you are not doing any heavy levering while its in the air.
Having said that, the bolt head in the cup of the trolley jack is secure, it goes nowhere!
The only issue I can see for the ham fisted is having the jack itself fall over while
pushing or pulling the bike "across" the jack.

As I said before, I used this exact method to remove my fork legs. without any drama.

Unlike you though, I gave my bare legs to the local Kawi dealer to do the new seals
and fresh oil. So my bike remained suspended with no fork legs for more than 24 hours...

Easy peazy chocolate squeezy Eddie :p

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
...The only issue I can see for the ham fisted is having the jack itself fall over while pushing or pulling the bike "across" the jack.
...As I said before, I used this exact method to remove my fork legs. without any drama.
...Unlike you though, I gave my bare legs to the local Kawi dealer to do the new seals
and fresh oil. So my bike remained suspended with no fork legs for more than 24 hours...
...Easy peazy chocolate squeezy Eddie :p
I STILL would NOT recommend your method of doing it. I guess I just NEED a bigger 'safety-blanket' than YOU do....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I STILL would NOT recommend your method of doing it. I guess I just NEED a bigger 'safety-blanket' than YOU do....
Fair enough Eddie.

You are probably right in not recommending that method.
When online you need to consider the "lowest common denominator".

Just because, I have used that method successfully does not mean others
won't screw it up.

Thing is though Eddie, the bolt head is 100% secure in the cup
of the jack, because of that the bike can not come off the jack.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts