Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V went through a couple owners before me. I'd like to make sure the forks are adjusted properly for someone my size.

Anybody have a recommendation of a good starting point for someone who weighs about 155lbs?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Suspension travel is 5.9"/5.7" F/R. You are looking for 1/4 - 1/3 of that number in sag (you on the bike versus suspension fully extended). Book says a 7 turns out for 150 lb rider for preload on the front. Turn the 19mm hex nuts on both frorks all the way in then out 7 complete turns. Rebound they say 1 3/4 turns out. Turn the screw on top of right fork all the way in then out 1 3/4 turns. This is probably close for you, might only go out only 5 or 6 on the preload.

Rear is completely bogus in the book. They say position 5 on rear preload. Take it down to 1 and it is still too stiff. Tool to set it is in the owner's tool kit. Damping on lowest setting.

After you ride it for awhile get someone to help you set the sag properly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As suggested I attached a zipty to the front tube to determine my sag, but then left it there to see how much travel I have been using. I haven't really gotten on the brakes hard, but at 210#, I'm only using 3.25" of travel and believe the setting is on 7 turns out.
Think I'm going to roll it back a turn and may run the shock back a couple as well. Taking some hard jolts when I hit expansion joints and the like.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
About half way (5 turns in clockwise from fully counterclockwise) on fork spring preload, with rebound damping screw at about 3/4 turn counterclockwise out from fully seated clockwise should get you in the ball park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts