Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Givi PLR450 racks installed. Managed to get the Racks and mount kit for a whopping 135$.

Picked up the racks from Twisted Throttle (AWESOME PHONE SERVICE!) from the scratch and dent section for 103$ and the 450 Mount Kit from a secondary site I need to look up for 25$.

Rear tail lights are re routed and I just want to tidy up the wires a bit by locking them in place. Getting ready for a trip to Charlotte over the 9/11 weekend.

Hopefully I can get my lowering kit ordered and installed before then. If not oh well. I can deal with tip toes a bit longer. 99.9% of the trip is all paved roads and highway so no issues there.

Going to work on de-badging this week before I head out to my much needed vacation. Then Saturday morning I am dropping the V off to a good friend who is going to test ride it while I am gone. He has been kicking the idea of trading in his cruiser for a nice 1200 BMW and I let him take my V out for a ride when I bought it. He is now convinced he might want to re-think his BMW decision. So I offered to let him roll around on the V while I am on vacation since he generously let me roll around on his bike while I was re-training myself with my learner's permit till I could get my license.

When I get back it will be working on getting the lowering kit, some brush guards and hopefully a set of the Givi e21 cases to throw on the V for commuting and small trips. Then crash guards.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops! I'm not sure where the scratch and dents were but they look pretty good. I check the scratch and dent section alot so if I see them again I'll holler.

Also I can parse through my emails and find where I got the mounting kit from cause it was like half price from what Twisted Throttle had and it was new. Unless your going to use a top rack also.

·
Registered
612 Posts
That is the exact set-up I am looking into right now. I was just going to go through Twisted Throttle but if you can offer the other solution I am very intereted thanks. Also it has probably been posted before but do the rear signals have to be re-located or is it onlt to have them out back further. Will the E-21's clear them where they are? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ordered my mounting kit from Premier Cycle Accessories. Link

Part# GIV70D450KIT - Cost was 24.30 - Givi 450KIT for PLR450 or PLXR450.

I don't have nor plan to get a top rack so this was necessary for the PLR450 rack I purchased.

I had to relocate my lights and actually I like them relocated. They basically came out from under the tail by about 3-4 inches (maybe less) and they are spread out more. They seem a lot more visible according to my wife who was behind me when I went for a road test of the bike after installing the racks. I will say installing the rack was MUCH easier with her holding things while I attached them. I have a picture of the butt of my bike and I'll see about pulling it off my phone and posting it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts