Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had a piece 4mm rubber "in the gap" for a while and it does make the vibes less but it tends to work it's way upwards as the footrest moves.
I am thinking of drilling a shallow hole in the back of the lowering bracket and putting in a rubber peg / damper so it is retained and cannot move.
I have also tried fitting a smaller diameter fixing pin with a piece of plastic tube over it to make it the same diameter as the original pin but this did not seem to make any improvement.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The boots I wear when I ride make a huge difference. I normally wear a pair of red wings. The top of the line with cork (yes cork) soles and high quality insoles. Vibes are very low to non existent. When I put on my old Timberland chukkas the vibes on the pegs make my feet numb.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The boots I wear when I ride make a huge difference. I normally wear a pair of red wings. The top of the line with cork (yes cork) soles and high quality insoles. Vibes are very low to non existent. When I put on my old Timberland chukkas the vibes on the pegs make my feet numb.
My feelings exactly. I never got why everyone cried about footpeg vibes until I rode down the block in tennis shoes one day. My cheapo Alpinestars boots help a lot.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've thought of putting some thicker gel soles into my boots.
Also thought of putting on the softer padded pegs from the 2010 Versys, until I investigated the price. :(

The vibes don't worry me until about an hour or so into a ride. But I would rather do without.

·
Registered
875 Posts
My foot peg lowering blocks came in today....timely post! Speedy took 5 days from CA to Toronto area in CAN. Also some mirror extenders and handlebar riser....all necessary add-ons in my view....No FARKLING here....now it's time to tinker....it's raining here so the table is getting kicked out of the gazebo and the Versys is going in! Hope I'm done by the time the rain stops....or else I'll get wet. Think I'll get some cork and give it a go....THANKS GUYS!

Edit...naaa forget it no workey!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got a pair of Red Wings as well. Problem solved. Before that I took some foam pipe insulation and slid them on the pegs and taped them heavily with duct tape. Sure looked fairly ugly but worked well. Wore out fairly quickly but good for a long trip and back.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had a piece 4mm rubber "in the gap" for a while and it does make the vibes less but it tends to work it's way upwards as the footrest moves.
I am thinking of drilling a shallow hole in the back of the lowering bracket and putting in a rubber peg / damper so it is retained and cannot move.
I have also tried fitting a smaller diameter fixing pin with a piece of plastic tube over it to make it the same diameter as the original pin but this did not seem to make any improvement.
This is what I have done.
I found a couple of rubber feet/grommets in the shed, drilled a shallow hole and pushed them in so about 4mm protruded, tried out today and seems to work well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Foot-Peg-Tingle...

For those riders that have a 2009 or older model... :goodidea:

I recently added a pair of 2010 foot pegs to my Blue 2009. They are a little spendy but they sure do the job. Vibration seems to be a lot less. Think I'll now glue a small piece of old inner tube on the face of peg lower brackets and see if that dampens the vibes even more... :goodluck:

What a cool machine. I'm taking my baby to AZ for winter.
Hope to meet up with fellow Versys riders in the PHX area for
some canyon carving...

:grinangel: Dave from sunny Eastern Oregon :usa:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yep, I don't notice the vibes so much with my red wing work boots on. But with my riding boots the vibes are so much worse. And I think my riding boots are much better than my work boots for riding.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what I have done.
I found a couple of rubber feet/grommets in the shed, drilled a shallow hole and pushed them in so about 4mm protruded, tried out today and seems to work well.
This is the kid of thing I was wondering about. Thanks. I can see a mod happening when my parts arrive.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Smoother ride? For about $5000 more you can buy a Triumph Tiger. Same bike plus a few more ponies.:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts