Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi crew. I have two questions. first one is regarding footpegs.. the stock ones are sure lame.. I've seen threads for adding a peg lower kit, and then offroad style pegs.. but specifically

1. Do I need to install the lowering kit in order for it to work with aftermarket pegs? looking at the stock mounts, they seem fairly standard.. but seems most threads mention the kit + pegs.

2. Are there reasonable peg choices that aren't $100+ IMS titanium, diamond tipped etc. I would just like a slightly larger (i.e. non sport bike) peg with some teeth for gripping, but also not full on MX pegs.. and under $50 please.. ideally, ones like the SW Mototech with the removable inserts, but $120 is too much for a set of pegs

and

third question is.. how does one modify the rear brake lever height? it is severaly low and not sure if they come stock that way, or the previous owner set it that way. I spent a couple of minutes looking underneath to see if the lever was easily adjustable, and couldn't really tell due to the linkage going in to the brake master cylindar and it was a bit dark under there. Hopefully it's just a matter of removing the linkage, the return springs, and taking the lever off the mount, and rotating it a bit as you would with a shift lever?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dirt Bike Foot Pegs

Go to D2MOTO.com website and you can purchase some great off road worthy foot pegs for $14.99. I believe shipping is $5.99. Can't miss prices.:goodidea:
I bought these foot pegs for my KLR650. They are popular with the KLR Crowd.:goodluck:
Adjusting height of rear brake pedal is easy. If you visit the Moto Werk website and find the peg lowering brackets, the site will instruct you on how to adjust your rear brake pedal, as DR_ Said! :interesting:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pegs are plenty low for me.. I'm short legged and wide bodied.. and I've broken other footpeg mounts, so don't want to introduce another potential failure point.. but thanks for the tips on the brake lever adjustment.. easier then I thought..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts