Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You hear a lot about your carbon foot print today...well I doubled mine today. OMG somebody call the environmental police!!!!!

Uh that would be my kick stand foot print. Where is Al Gore when you need him:wink2:

Being a semi-pack rat I rarely throw away usable metal. When we bought our house back in 2012, the previous owner left a couple of satellite dishes on the side of the garage. I tossed the dishes but saved the mounting hardware which was a fair amount of 1/8 inch metal.

Put some of it to good use today. Getting tired of parking in a dirt lot or sandy area, then looking for a flat rock to put under the kick stand. The old satellite metal and some primitive Pete tools helped fabricate a bigger shoe for my stand.

Since I don't have the luxury of a metal cutting band saw, I had to make due with a saber saw with a metal blade. After cutting it out my bench grinder and angle grinder finished the shoe. Positioned it under the kick stand pad and welded it in place. Finished it off with a couple of squirts of rust-o-lium.

Okie engineering to the rescue once again. Going on a 450 mile lunch run on Tuesday to give it the acid test.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought one off Ebay that works great and the price was good. You saved a few bucks and that should work and hold up well. I don`t have any welding equipment so I could not do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts