Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for cheap foot pegs I stumbled across some $17 pegs that might do the job. I knew the pegs were meant for 1 inch bars and I was going to use a rubber bushing (aka radiator hose) to take up the slack and protect the bars. Well my first attempt did not work so well. The peg rotated on me with little force. So I decided to use the smallest muffler brackets I could fine and aluminum bars to create a sturdy mount. I used (2) 1 1/8 and (2) 1 3/8 muffler brackets, aluminum bar cut and drilled, radiator hose and some nut caps to give it a finished look. So about $17 for the bar and $12 for materials I'm very happy with the job. There is no bending or twisting when applying pressure on the peg to get the bike off the kickstand into a vertical position; I'm sure that standing on the peg would give me the same results but with my luck the bike and myself would tip over :eek:.
Riding the bike with the pegs gives a whole new feeling. My butt stays planted in the very back portion of the seat, feet and knees are higher and I have a more upright position. I have to paint the brackets black because I got the cheap ones; chrome ones look very nice but try finding them and the cost is higher.

Here is a link for the pegs if anyone is interested.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/deluxe-folding-foot-pegs/p2002577.jcwx

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the Rivco Vibration Isolation pegs with the 7/8 clamps

I pinned them with a bolt. less than a 10 minute mod. neat and clean.
That was my first attemp but due to my foot weight they would just rotate. I wanted to make sure that rotation was near impossible without scarring the bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts