Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is: the 2008 Flying Tigers Edition Versys. I hand sanded the red fairings and tank with 400 grit paper before priming. I used Rustoleum plastic primer on the fairings and SEM self-etching black primer on the tank. The fairings are painted with 3-4 coats of Krylon Ultra Flat Camouflage OD Green and the tank is still just black primer. I may paint it OD Green or flat black, and I'm definitely going to paint the handlebars black. I'd like to opaint the forks black too, but it's probably too much trouble for a cosmetic mod.

The vinyl decals are from Twisted Chrome - they have a lot of cool pinstripes as well. Hope you like!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I like it; it's different and eye-catching. Being a WWII aviation historian it makes a statement I can relate to (though I'm a bit too young to have flown with the Flying tigers). Well done. :thumb:

Now all you need is a pair of cowl-mounted machine guns and a few kill stickers. :D

I also like your non-matching mirrors. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Now all you need is a pair of cowl-mounted machine guns and a few kill stickers. :D
I was just thinking the same thing...perhaps kill stickers depicting distracted cagers?

Nice P40 Versys. :clap:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Awesome!

I agree on the kill stickers. Distracted Cagers for sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think distracted cagers would kill me, not the other way round. Was thinking squirrel kills...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Now you have more maintenance to do...after changing the oil and lubing the chain you now have teeth to brush!

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts