Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Interesting....would be nice to see a 3/4 view and side view :) Does the windshield bend when you bolt it upside down? I was thinking of tinting mine but might put it upside down as well.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting....would be nice to see a 3/4 view and side view :) Does the windshield bend when you bolt it upside down? I was thinking of tinting mine but might put it upside down as well.

Oh and how does it feel on the highway?

It fits, but there is a very slight bending. Maybe not so much bending, more like tension. I didn't have to force it or anything. The bolt holes line up good, it's just the curvature of the wind screen that causes the tension.

As far as highway riding goes, I can tell its there, but it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. If you're looking for wind blockage, you'll be happier with a taller wind screen. I did this more for the looks than anything else. I think it would look awesome tinted black!! :D

3/4 (ish) view:

Side:

Cockpit:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm getting my versys delivered next week but here's what I'm planning on doing:
Painting the wheels black and tinting the windshield (I will try it upside down too)...

·
Registered
559 Posts
It fits, but there is a very slight bending. Maybe not so much bending, more like tension. I didn't have to force it or anything. The bolt holes line up good, it's just the curvature of the wind screen that causes the tension.

As far as highway riding goes, I can tell its there, but it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. If you're looking for wind blockage, you'll be happier with a taller wind screen. I did this more for the looks than anything else. I think it would look awesome tinted black!! :D

It almost looks like it was made to be upside down :p It has the same curve as the tank...I definetly will try it....

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm getting my versys delivered next week but here's what I'm planning on doing:
Painting the wheels black and tinting the windshield (I will try it upside down too)...

That looks great!! I love the black one! How are you going to tint the wind screen?

·
Registered
559 Posts
That looks great!! I love the black one! How are you going to tint the wind screen?
I'll probably just get some tinting film and cut around the inside edge with a small x-acto...I will see exactly how the edge is made to validate if this will be an option or not...if not, Ill mask the front part of the windshield, turn it over, and spray a thin coat of black paint inside the windshield from about 2 feet away (far enough to give it an even opacity) then clear coat, and from the other side it should look fine, actually this will probably give better results then using film. The biggest pain will be to take off the wheels to paint them, no center stand, and muffler under the bike leaves as the only option (I can see at least) to suspend it from above...but I just love the look of the black wheels, gives it an agressive look...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll probably just get some tinting film and cut around the inside edge with a small x-acto...I will see exactly how the edge is made to validate if this will be an option or not...if not, Ill mask the front part of the windshield, turn it over, and spray a thin coat of black paint inside the windshield from about 2 feet away (far enough to give it an even intensity) from the other side it should look fine, actually this will probably give better results then using film. The biggest pain will be to take off the wheels to paint them, no center stand, and muffler under the bike leaves as the only option (I can see at least) to suspend it from above...but I just love the look of the black wheels, gives it an agressive look...

I like the black wheels as well. I wonder how they would look on the red one (hint hint)?? :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
I like the black wheels as well. I wonder how they would look on the red one (hint hint)?? :D
I'm sure it would look awesome! :) You might find europeen versions on google that have the wheels black with the red body (thats where I got the picture of the black versys with black wheels, I just tinted the wind screen in photoshop but the rest is the original picture).

I saw a Ninja 650R at the store and asked the manager, if he would switch my wheels with those for 150$ and he didnt want to. I checked to see how much it would have cost to buy the Ninja 650R black wheels (identical to Versys wheels...but black) and it was around 1000$CDN for both wheels! So I'll simply take them off, prepare them and bring them to a body shop to have it professionaly done. Shouldnt cost me over 200$...

Edited: I didn't find the red one but this green one with black wheels:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts