Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ditch:(

God bless my Hepco Becker crash bars, they allowed me to ride out and home. I am glad i was wearing my gear as well. It could have been a lot worse. Pictures will follow.

Damn fixating. I have caught myself doing it before, and worried it would get me one day. Today was the day. :(

·
Registered
665 Posts
Glad you are okay. Now that you have that out of the way... :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad you and your bike are all right. I've pretty good about not fixating around corners, unless I start drifting into the other lane. Then I have to force myself to look though the turn. The biggest problem I have is when I see something in the road, I want to know what it is, :stickpoke: so I have to be careful about not running stuff over.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Glad you and your bike are all right. I've pretty good about not fixating around corners, unless I start drifting into the other lane. Then I have to force myself to look though the turn. The biggest problem I have is when I see something in the road, I want to know what it is, :stickpoke: so I have to be careful about not running stuff over.
That's exactly what happened. At the apex of a corner i was coming into at ~ 80km/hr, I noticed an oil strip I started to look at it, stupidly hit the brakes to avoid it (duh) which stood the bike up, and instead of letting off the brake and looking where i wanted to go, I started to fixate on the gravel on the far side of the corner. Hit the brakes hard, but didn't have enough room to stop and slid out as soon as I hit the gravel. Stoopid!

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry you went down, glad you're ok. SCARY!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Glad you are OK. We have to work on learning what to do instead relying on instincts. Most people would do exactly what you did. I find myself fixating on things in the road too, instead of noticing they are there and looking at where I need to go instead of there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts