Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a bit of lead pipe on the highway a while ago, it's damaged the front wheel. There is no air leak but it's a decent bend in it. Now ive had little luck on sourcing a 2nd hand replacement and I'm just wondering if I could just try and knock it back into alignment or is this asking long for trouble?

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is a local company to you that does this professionally. I would guess around $75-100 if you just bring them the wheel with no tire on it. Just look for wheel straightening, if that doesn't find you something local, call a tire shop and ask who they use.

You say it is not leaking air so I'd say they are going to be able to get it darn near perfect.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
There is a local company to you that does this professionally. I would guess around $75-100 if you just bring them the wheel with no tire on it. Just look for wheel straightening, if that doesn't find you something local, call a tire shop and ask who they use....
:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking the wheel to a bike repair place on Friday, might be able to fix it. Otherwise there is a second hand er6n wheel with tyre witg disc brakes on ebay for sale. I assume it will fit the Versys?

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Taking the wheel to a bike repair place on Friday, might be able to fix it. Otherwise there is a second hand er6n wheel with tyre witg disc brakes on ebay for sale. I assume it will fit the Versys?
Yes, it should....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts