Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost embarrassed to say...but I finally washed Vicky for the first time after 1358 miles and 2 months of ownership. Does this make me a bad person? :rolleyes:
Last Sunday I came home from a 600+ mile road trip down to the Pennsylvania Wilds region in N. Central PA. We camped at Sinnemahoning State Park near Austin and got to enjoy many, many miles of beautiful roads like Rt 872, Rt 144, Rt 44, Kettle Creek Rd, and Wycoff Run. Come to think of it, most of the roads down there are pretty damn nice.
Anyway, she got dirty riding through some rain and dirt so I figured it was time to give her a bath. I think she enjoyed it cause she looks like she's smilin at me now.:)
But since this is the first chain drive scoot I've owned since my 74 Indian enduro (Italian made I think) when I was a wee lad, I need some advice on what product to clean the chain grease off the rear wheel and swingarm. This time, I used a splash of mineral spirits on my soapy rag, which did a good job, but I'd like to know if there is something better or safer out there.

On a side note, when my wife (she was riding her 08 Bonnie) and I stopped for lunch at Myra's in East Smethport, we saw 2 Bimmer sport-tour bikes in the parking lot. Come to find out these to bloaks were from New Zealand touring the US on their bikes. How cool is that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
I use Goop hand cleaner on the rims and swing arm. just rub it on and rub it off.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I use greased lightning, a sponge and toothbrush for the corners.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
On a side note, when my wife (she was riding her 08 Bonnie) and I stopped for lunch at Myra's in East Smethport, we saw 2 Bimmer sport-tour bikes in the parking lot. Come to find out these to bloaks were from New Zealand touring the US on their bikes. How cool is that!
Probably great bloaks if from NZ Mark, all inspired for the world tour in a couple of years, my wife just gave me a book called backblocks America written by a guy Gareth Morgan, riding through States, Canada and Mexico so all these threads on long rides are starting to get to me say may have to do somthing about it to relieve the pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts