Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my V for almost a year now and ride it at least several times a week commuting, usually in the same areas. However, I had not, not even once, seen another Versys in town. And believe me, I've been looking. It's hard not to notice bikes now that I'm riding!

That changed today when I saw TWO riders on V's within literally 2 minutes of each other. If you're in the Sacramento area I might have seen you today. I was in my truck however and probably didn't stand out much.

I saw a guy on a red (presumably '08) V with soft side bags, black Rev It jacket and Red & White striped helmet coming on the Sheldon on ramp to 99 N today. Shortly after he came on the freeway (and was traveling about 5 car lengths behind me) I passed another rider on a blue ('09) V heading SB on 99 around Mack Road.

I couldn't believe it! After a year of not seeing a single one on the road, I see two, completely unrelated to each other, within minutes of each other! Maybe it's just me, or the fact I'm stuck halfway through a 6 week jury duty stint that makes this so exciting to me :)

So, if you live in the Sac/Elk Grove area and have a V (red or blue) I might have seen you today. I'd love to meet up sometime!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've had my V for almost a year now and ride it at least several times a week commuting, usually in the same areas. However, I had not, not even once, seen another Versys in town. And believe me, I've been looking. It's hard not to notice bikes now that I'm riding!

That changed today when I saw TWO riders on V's within literally 2 minutes of each other. If you're in the Sacramento area I might have seen you today. I was in my truck however and probably didn't stand out much.

I saw a guy on a red (presumably '08) V with soft side bags, black Rev It jacket and Red & White striped helmet coming on the Sheldon on ramp to 99 N today. Shortly after he came on the
freeway (and was traveling about 5 car lengths behind me) I passed another rider on a blue ('09) V heading SB on 99 around Mack Road.

I couldn't believe it! After a year of not seeing a single one on the road, I see two, completely unrelated to each other, within minutes of each other! Maybe it's just me, or the fact I'm stuck halfway through a 6 week jury duty stint that makes this so exciting to me :)

So, if you live in the Sac/Elk Grove area and have a V (red or blue) I might have seen you today. I'd love to meet up sometime!

The Blue 09 on 99/Mack road was me probably coming back from Chick-Fil-A arden fair. I live right at the elk grove / sac city limit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts