Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer today to ask about the first service. I was told it's about $240 and includes a number of checks of systems and torque etc.. I was also told they suggest the first service at 1k. Any and all thoughts and comments appreciated.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Change oil and filter at 600 miles. Check chain alignment, clean and lube it, check for any leaks, check radiator coolant level, check idle, adjust clutch cable and lube, adjust throttle cable, check air pressure in tires, and all lights. That's what I did anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My first at 750 miles was $220 but it was done by local BMW mechanics that I trust who worked on a K12GT I had for 9 years. I did not buy the Versys from a local Kawi dealer and as for the (2) in my area, the one that is 10 minutes from me quotes some outrageous service prices, the other about 25 minutes away seems to have some issues with their overall reputation. What's a guy to do?

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Change oil and filter at 600 miles. Check chain alignment, clean and lube it, check for any leaks, check radiator coolant level, check idle, adjust clutch cable and lube, adjust throttle cable, check air pressure in tires, and all lights. That's what I did anyway.
+1

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts
My first at 750 miles was $220 but it was done by local BMW mechanics that I trust who worked on a K12GT I had for 9 years. I did not buy the Versys from a local Kawi dealer and as for the (2) in my area, the one that is 10 minutes from me quotes some outrageous service prices, the other about 25 minutes away seems to have some issues with their overall reputation. What's a guy to do?
Get the Versys Service Manual and some wrenches...!

:goodidea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts