Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I took a ride today on my modified seat. Terry Adcox of Terry's Custom Seats in TN worked his magic. The seat is more comfortable, and I no longer feel like I'm sliding forward. In addition, Terry added a backrest from Utopia.

Only one short ride so far, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Thank you Weljo for recommending Terry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
As the title says, I took a ride today on my modified seat. Terry Adcox of Terry's Custom Seats in TN worked his magic. The seat is more comfortable, and I no longer feel like I'm sliding forward. In addition, Terry added a backrest from Utopia.

Only one short ride so far, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Thank you Weljo for recommending Terry.

Glad you're happy with it...It looks pretty comfy....:smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
That looks way too comfortable. Enjoy

Randy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look's comfy with the backrest. I have one of his seats and love it! He does great work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad you're happy with it...It looks pretty comfy....:smile2::smile2:
Question on this seat modification. Does he use your current seat or do you buy an all new seat? I am assuming since it is a modification you have to send your seat in and wait for the work to be done before riding again?

Please confirm and I would also like to have this Terry guys information please.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
Question on this seat modification. Does he use your current seat or do you buy and all new seat? I am assuming since it is a modification you have to send your seat in and wait for the work to be done before riding again?

Please confirm and I would also like to have this Terry guys information please.

Thank you,

You send him your seat and he modifies it to your specs. I've had him do 2 Flat seats for me one for my V-650 and one for the V-1000. The flat seat gets rid of the pillion hump so you can stretch out some. If you plan to ride 2-up would pass on the flat seat because it would not be comfortable for a passenger. Here's Terry's web-site. ........ Home | terryscustomseats

Cost on my seat for the V-1000 was $50.00 to ship my seat and the $330.00 to have the seat done and shipped back. I was able to get my seat back quicker because i had a spare stock seat that i sent right away and he got to it Sooner because some folks didn't get their seat to him at their scheduled time so he went to the next available seat. So instead of over 2 months i got my seat back in 3 weeks..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm riding St. Louis to Nashville 1st week of August. Primary reason?...Terry is rebuilding my stock seat to a double bucket seat. Secondary reason...going to visit with my niece in Nashville while Terry is doing his magic! I see it as the ultimate road test on the way home. Riding St. Louis to Kansas City this weekend to pick up my new California Scientific windshield and also to try out my new Redverz Atacama tent for the first time.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Very interesting!
I use the Airhawk for longer rides.
How is the back rest? I have problems with my back, so I designed a new type of back rest that you can use on 99% of the bikes, and you can install / remove in 2 seconds ;)
Patent pending and hope to find somebody interested to license it.
It's called "Universal Back rest". I use it on all long rides and brings amazing comfort, keeping the back in perfect position, eliminating the back pain.
I can do 10+h rides and my back is fresh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts